11 June 2011

fan mode

Amy Chua aka "tiger mom" re-tweeted and responded to my tweet a couple of days ago. It made my day and I can't stop telling my sister about it. I read her book, Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother,  in a week's time. There has been a long queue at the library for this book. I borrowed the book but I'm buying one for sure because it's really a good one. Tiger mom's funny. My sister and I discuss the funny moments of the book. We think it's funny that she makes her kids practice even when they're on vacation, that Lulu have to do "extra credit", that she exaggerates when she describes a situation (i.e. when she's mad she'll tell stories that when she was young her dad asked her to dig a "swimming pool"), and many more.There was some sad moments too. I was crying when her sister told her she was sick and my heart was in pain when Lulu acts "rebellious" to her. Tiger mom inspired me to really be persistent and hard-working. To not settle for less. To not be mediocre anymore. I hope it's not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment