06 September 2010

Hana Bay



Hana Bay --- my melancholic, peaceful place. I love it here. Having this mental image when I get stressed out calms me down. It's a happy place for me.

Driving for two hours in a winding road is crazy and scary. The road to Hana is an experience of a lifetime. The forest is beautiful. It was just scary to think that we were the only ones on the road at that time (we left the hotel at around 6 am) and I just kept on praying that our rental car wouldn't act up on us. The sunset is amazing (see above). Some turns were only for one car and the trees were enormous. The view is very inspiring.

When we saw the bay, the first thing I did was to pee. It was almost empty (there were 2 people on the shed chatting) and it felt like we own the bay. Maui mornings start late and I'm glad I had a "quiet time" in Hana Bay.
Enjoy the pictures below and I hope it calms you down as it does to me. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment