23 October 2010

san diego food trip 2010

My San Diego day trip with friends was very FULLfilling. Man, i gave up. I REFUSED to eat halo-halo from "Aling Conching's (?) Cafe, our last pit stop. I was soooo FULL that day.
The day started at the Pacific Island Festival with lunch consist of our appetizer, hawaiian nachos (with yummy pulled pork, mangoes, tomatoes, and onions). After, I ate a "combination barbeque plate with red rice and chicken kelaguen" (a guam specialty. It's citrusy and was like ceviche). For dessert, we had banana doughnuts. While walking around (5 minutes later), I bought this $1.00 dessert made from cassava (similar to a filipino kakanin).
After we left, my friend wanted to try a red velvet from one Cafe in University drive. I was still full from lunch so I just ordered a frozen hot chocolate drink (it's soooo rich and chocolatey that I'm craving it right now while I'm writing about it).
We had a stop over at my friend's brother's house to recoup. After 2 hours, we went to a tapsihan. Still full from what I had for lunch and my drink, I just ordered mine's to go. But I love tapsilog so I "tasted" some of it.
Our last stop was Aling Conchings for halo-halo and I gave up. I haven't execised that week so I have to say NO (it really looked tempting...but I know I would be throwing it up if I eat it).
Here are some images of our San Diego food trip:














No comments:

Post a Comment