25 December 2010

random stuff for the past few weeks

I  tried making a rosemary-olive oil  wheat foccacia bread using ATK's recipe. I just did half of the recipe thinking that no one would eat it. It took almost 3 hours to make a 9-inch one (excluding the overnight biga which is a pre-dough mix). It's hard work and I'm glad the people who tasted it liked it. It was a little crunchy outside and soft and chewy inside. I wished I had some fresh n easy tomato basil soup with it. mmmm...yum...Next time I make it, I'll make sure that I make a big one since it's time consuming. Hands down to all bread bakers.
Abbot Kinney's five cheese Pizza from the last time I went there (First Friday of November). It was good but not my favorite.

Dark chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow (Sprinkles' one is still my fave)

Super moist yellow cupcakes for Kenzie's birthday

Patisserie Chantilly's chocolate and black sesame-green tea cream puff (yum...even though I had a hard time biting the whole thing. It was big and I just had my wisdom tooth pulled out more than a week after. I wanted macaroons (darn you M for not remembering Bouchon Bakery!!!) but they were out.

Grilled deli trio sandwich from Jack in the box (Love it!!! Why do bad food taste soooo goood???)

Tapa Boy's Tapa (It was ok. When we got home it was cold and the rice was oily and hard...blehh... the vinegar dipping sauce was ok too. There's better tapa out there).

No comments:

Post a Comment