05 February 2011

Pasalubong

It's a cold Saturday morning (my hands are freezing for taking photos and typing). Winter is back in SoCal (not midwest winter but it's still cold) and I'm not really fond of it (love summer). Anyways, my sister and my friends (gail, sonny, and zy) went home (Philippines) after Christmas and they just arrived from their vacation. I got a lot of goodies from the Philippines (yummm...if only they could bring me lechon...). Thank you so much sister and Gail for getting me all things that I love. Now I have to work out harder to lose weight.

My I love Pangasinan shirt (thanks Monika!), umbrella, sarong, banig, and processed cheese

Canned goods (corned beef and liver spread)

JE's bagoong (thanks Julie Ann for giving me a box of it), goldilock's choco polvoron, and tomi sweet corn chips

Chocolate tabletas wrapped in white paper and assorted philippine candies

JE's ginisang alamang and mango (supperrr yummmmy)


The reason why I don't eat other bagoong or alamang from other places (see above)...It's not the same when it's not from my town (LINGAYEN, PANGASINAN). Other popular brands here in the US taste like SALT (argggghhhh!!!!). Please don't claim that it's from LINGAYEN coz it's not.

Mulach's ensaymada (thanks Alex and Christine...they both gave me one box each. Both were gone within 2 days!!!)
Choco polvoron = love
Boneless bangus = my comfort food (with coffee as my sabaw/soup...haha)

Assorted dried fish (daing, danggit, spada, skeleton, mini fish)

Dried fish 
Connie's kitchen gourmet daing and sardines (my uncle who is still in the Philippines has my gourmet tuyo and tinapa...hope he doesn't forget to bring it). I like this brand but for my gourmet tuyo I WANT the FROM ME TUYO brand and I can't find it. Please leave a comment if you know where I can get it(I know it's in Pampanga but where???).
Taba ng talangka / Crab Fats (?) = LOVE (high cholesterol, 911 love)

Lady's choice ham, tuna, and chicken spread
Tupig (from the road food vendors)
My sister's photo of mulach's ensaymada and tupig

No comments:

Post a Comment